Some linky goodness while I try to decide where to have lunch:
- Cool 360-degree panorama of the Airbus 380's cockpit;
- Scientific proof that double-dipping transfers bacteria from your mouth to the communal guacamole;
- Cops detaining you for not giving them copies of your pictures? Not cool. (And, um, illegal.) I have respect for the police -- they have an extraordinarily difficult, thankless, dangerous, and ill-paying job, but that respect is contingent their following the laws that they're sworn to uphold and enforce;
- The new exhibition at the Queens Museum of Art about the conservation and restoration of the terrazzo map (check out its current condition here) from the New York State Pavilion at the '64 World's Fair looks really interesting;
- the current patchwork of regulations governing interstate wine shipping is asinine -- and check out the risible quote from the wholesaler in that article, arguing that the current system keeps minors from illegally purchasing alcohol. Yes, because of course your average 16-year-old is going to be buying wines direct from the wineries on the Internet, and having them shipped to his house in order to drink while underage.