Some random pith & vinegar, about things I've been saving to write more fully about, but have all piled up and are in grave danger of becoming fishwrap if I don't move on them:
- WTF NASA? There are major problems with refusing to release information just because it might scare the public or hurt corporations. I'd rather be informed, thanks, and make my own decisions that way, rather than just swallowing government-approved pabulum. Our government has thrown its support to some mighty dubious things on the flimsiest of say-sos, and this appears to be of a piece.
- So some foreign service officers don't want to be forced to serve in Baghdad, and one FSO calls it "a potential death sentence." Lots of empathy for the boots on the ground, fellas. What about all the troops, who most likely didn't especially want to go to Iraq either, and who have to spend their days outside the heavily-fortified Green Zone?
- This article in TVNewser is curious. Short version: ABC is upset at NBC for doing something that ABC did two weeks ago, which ABC said they did only because they knew NBC was going to do.
- How screwed is the dollar? Very. (Update: Oh yes indeed.)
- This site in LOLCat. (Also: CNN.com in LOLCat, NYTimes.com in LOLCat, and best of all 'cause it's not much of a stretch, Fox News in LOLCat.)